5 Stories You May Have Missed This Week
A recap of the top headlines on Troy Patch from Aug. 13-19.
A lot happened last week, and we want to make sure you didn't miss the top headlines on Troy Patch. Here are five of our biggest, most-read stories from the past week:
- Body Found Friday Confirmed to be Troy Man Patrick Mikes. The Oakland County Medical Examiner has ruled Mikes' death a homicide.
- In Split Vote, Council Removes Section of Troy's Distracted Driving Ordinance. Councilman Dave Henderson argued the paragraph in question is "too subjective for police officers to enforce" while Councilman Dane Slater called the change "a huge mistake."
- Troy Mayor's Bio Request Raises Ethical, Legal Concerns at Council Meeting. Troy Mayor Janice Daniels' request to add her personal philosophies and goals to the city's website raised ethical and legal concerns during Monday's Troy City Council meeting.
- 2 Cars Race, 1 Crashes on Rochester Road; Man Grabs Target Shopper. This information was obtained from the Troy Police Department; where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
- Smash, Sizzle, Savor: Smashburger Opens in Troy. The fast casual restaurant is known for its signature made-to-order Angus burgers and family-friendly atmosphere. Watch Troy Mayor Janice Daniels perform the "ceremonial smash."