Royal Oak Police Chief Corrigan O'Donohue confirmed a 58-year-old man was fatally injured in an explosion in the 4200 block of Cooper Avenue in Royal Oak on Wednesday afternoon.
Residents of Cooper and Elmwood avenues were evacuated Wednesday evening, after a house explosion at 4:55 p.m. sent debris and shockwave rumbling through the quiet neighbor near the intersection of Woodward Avenue and Normandy Roads. Several homeowners and businesses reported busted out glass and two adjacent homes suffered major damage.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Troy and MJR Digital Cinemas Announce $16 Million Deal
- Cadillac Escalade Stolen, Retail Fraud, and Robbery in Troy
- Larcenies from Autos Reported in Troy Neighborhoods
- Retiring at 50: Could You Follow This Michigan Woman's Extreme Savings Plan?
- What Should Troy Residents Get Out of this Vacant Building?