Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder announced Thursday that he would pursue right-to-work legislation for public and private employees in the state, according to the Detroit Free Press.
The law would include an exemption for firefighters and police officers, but it would apply to 17.5 percent of Michigan's workforce, according to the Detroit News.
Should Michigan become a right-to-work state? Tell us in the comments below!
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Cadillac Escalade Stolen, Retail Fraud, and Robbery in Troy
- Larcenies from Autos Reported in Troy Neighborhoods
- Retiring at 50: Could You Follow This Michigan Woman's Extreme Savings Plan?
- 'Had the Vision and the Guts to Make the Tough Decisions Required'
- What Should Troy Residents Get Out of this Vacant Building?