'Plume' of Winter Weather in Troy's Forecast This Week
Don't get too excited for spring just yet: up to 6 inches predicted for Tuesday.
A winter storm watch has been issued for Troy starting Tuesday afternoon.
According to the National Weather Service, a low pressure system will bring "a plume of deep moisture" across southern Michigan on Tuesday; there is a potential for 6 or more inches of wet, heavy snow, according to the winter storm watch statement.
"There remains some uncertainty as to the overall track of this storm system and the locations which will receive the more prolonged period of heavy snow," the forecast says.
Snowfall rates may exceed an inch per hour Tuesday night, and the heavy snow could put stress on trees and power lines, according to the special weather statement.
Here's the forecast for Troy for the rest of the week:
- Tuesday: Snow mixed with rain and a blustery wind; high of 35, low of 32.
- Wednesday: Snow likely; high of 35, low of 28.
- Thursday: Chance of snow; high of 35, low of 23.
- Friday: Mostly cloudy; high of 29; low of 17.
- Saturday: Partly sunny; high of 27; low of 15.