Police Blotter: Teens Caught with Marijuana, Drivers Arrested for Operating While Intoxicated
The following information was obtained from the Troy Police Department in Troy. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Following are highlights from recent Troy Police Department reports:
Four teenage males were arrested Saturday evening for possession of marijuana and possession of narcotic paraphernalia. Police reports say officers responded to a call about four teens possibly smoking marijuana at the corner of Colebrook and Ellenboro. Police located the vehicle, searched it and arrested a 17-year-old male and three 16-year-old males.
Drunk Driving Arrests
- A 36-year-old Clawson man was arrested on charges of drunken driving around 3 a.m. Friday at Maple and Crooks, police said. A police officer had stopped the vehicle for a traffic violation and noticed the driver's movements were "slow and lethargic," his eyes were glassy and the driver smelled like intoxicants. The driver failed a series of field sobriety tests and registered a .21 blood alcohol level, over Michigan's .08 limit, and was arrested.
- A 23-year-old Bloomfield Hills man was arrested on charges of drunken driving around 1:15 a.m. Saturday at Crooks and Wilshire. Police say the driver stopped suddenly at a red light causing the car to "fishtail" three times. The driver performed poorly on sobriety tests and registered a .18 blood alcohol level.
- A 36-year-old Sterling Heights man was arrested on charges of drunken driving around 1:12 a.m. Monday at Maple and John R. Police say they stopped the vehicle for weaving and traveling at a high speed. The driver had bloodshot/glassy eyes, a police report said. The man failed sobriety tests and registered a .17 blood alcohol level.
- A man shopping at the Somerset Apple Store told police someone stole his wallet when he placed it on the store counter and turned to talk to a sales associate. The victim canceled his credit cards and later learned that someone had attempted to use two of the cards.
- A victim reported that someone stole prescription medicine out of his unlocked vehicle that was parked outside of Oakland Mall on Jan. 19 between 7-9 p.m.
- A car owner told police someone stole a catalytic converter from his Oldsmobile that was parked on the 2000 block of Dorchester on Friday between noon-5 p.m.
- A woman reported that on Saturday evening, someone broke the rear passenger window of her car and stole her purse at Troy Gymnastics. The purse was sitting in the passenger seat and contained her wallet with identification, credit cards, and cash.
For questions about this blotter, email Editor Nicquel Terry at email@example.com.