Police: Man Pointed Handgun at Troy Cigar Store Following Dispute
There is little known about man who fired gun into air before fleeing late Saturday night.
The following information was obtained from the Troy Police Department on Monday. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Man fired gun into the air
- Troy police officers were called to Mist Hookah & Cigar (34713 Dequindre Rd., Troy) early Saturday morning on report of a gunshot. Witnesses said that police were called a little before 1 a.m. when a man, who had been kicked out with three others for causing problems, pointed a handgun at two employees in the parking lot and went inside his car. Once there, witnesses said, he fired into the air and the car drove off.
- A woman reported her wallet was stolen from a counter in the locker room while she changed her clothes at Planet Fitness (288 John R Rd., Troy) at about 1:15 on Friday afternoon. Police said the wallet contained the woman's identification and credit cards. When she cancelled her credit cards, police said she learned that a purchase had already been made at an area Budget Car Rental.
- Police responded to Customized Tee (554 W. 14 Mile Rd., Troy), where it was reported that cash was stolen from an unlocked drawn between 9 p.m. on Thursday and 10 a.m. on Friday.
- Police took a report that a Dodge Intrepid was stolen from the Oakland Mall (412 W. 14 Mile Rd., Troy) parking lot on Saturday, between 7:15-8:30 p.m.
Breaking and entering
- A glass door was broken and money was taken from Mobil Lube Tech (1760 W. Maple Rd., Troy) sometime between 6:30 p.m. on Thursday and 8:30 a.m. on Friday, police said.
Larcenies From Autos
- The catalytic converter was cut off and stolen from a Pontiac Montana sometime between 12 noon on Sunday and 12:05 a.m. on Monday at Nino Salvaggio's (6835 Rochester Rd., Troy), according to police.
- A 2013 Cadillac Escalade parked at the 2000 block of Golfview had its four tires stolen sometime between 10:30 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Saturday, police said. The car was left on blocks.
Credit, Check, Identity Theft, Other Fraud
- A representative of a bank serving an elderly woman stopped her from mailing a check for $10,000 to a telemarketing scammer on Thursday, police said. The woman reported that on Feb. 11, she received a phone call from someone claiming to represent Publishers Clearing House, advising that she had won $2 million dollars and a Mercedes-Benz. She had been asked to send "processing fees" to an address in Texas and necessary to collect her prize, police said.
- A woman reported that three purchases had been made using her debit card information without her consent between 1 p.m.on Friday and 11 a.m. on Sunday. She told police she still has physical possession of her debit card and does not know how the account was compromised.
- A 44-year-old Windsor, Ontario woman faces a retail fraud charge after police said that she shoplifted five articles of clothing from Nordstrom (2850 W. Big Beaver Rd., Troy) worth $324 at about 12:55 p.m. Sunday.
- Troy Police are searching for a suspect who they believe stole $3,850 worth of goods from Louis Vuitton (2901 W. Big Beaver Rd., Troy) on Thursday night. Witnesses said that a man, approximately 20 years old, 5’9” tall and 155 pounds, wearing all black had been in the store earlier and picked out a small duffel and a backpack for the store to hold. He came back around 8:30 p.m., witnesses said, and asked to see a third item which was on a shelf. When the sales associate climbed a ladder to retrieve the third item the man grabbed the first two items and ran out of the store, according to the report.
Call Troy Police at 248-524-3447 if you have any information about these incidents. For questions about this report, email local editor Tim Rath at firstname.lastname@example.org.