Condiment Crime; State of the City; Spongebob Dances 'Gangnam Style'; Other Top Troy News
Here's our Week in Review: A recap of the top headlines on Troy Patch from Sept. 17-23.
A lot happened last week, and we want to make sure you didn't miss the top headlines on Troy Patch. Here are five of our biggest, most-read stories from the past week:
- Troy Mayor Janice Daniels Delivers State of the City Address. Daniels highlighted Troy's recent achievements, addressed future challenges and spoke momentarily about the Troy Transit Center, before a crowd of more than 50 Thursday night at the Troy Community Center. Coverage includes a live chat replay, resident reactions, and the complete 2012 State of the City Address transcript.
- No Baloney, Yes Bologna: Police Report String of Food-on-Car Vandalism. At least three cars in Troy have been targeted since June 16 with a variety of meats and condiments. Also in police news, a woman, who was upset over her nachos, squirted a 7-Eleven employee with ketchup, and Troy and Birmingham Police used leaking fluid to track a drunken driver. Blotters: Naked Man Spotted at Walmart; Man Cited for Soliciting Without a Permit and Fake Concert Tickets on Craigslist; Woman Stores Stolen Items in Stroller: This following information was obtained from the Troy Police Department; where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
- L. Brooks Patterson Ticketed for Not Wearing His Seatbelt in August Crash. The Oakland County executive paid the $65 ticket Tuesday.
- Troy More Diverse than Most Surrounding Communities, New Maps Show. New maps from the The National Journal illustrate a demographic shift in Troy's population between 2000 and 2010.
- New 'Wass Wolf Packs' Program Aims to Build Character, Sense of Community at School. All Wass Elementary students will meet monthly with their Wolf Pack in order to reinforce character traits and build a sense of community at the school. Also in school news, Martell Elementary hosted its 2012 Martell Elementary Fun Run, during which Spongebob Squarepants was spotted showing off his 'Gangnam Style' moves.