The weekend is here! All week, we have given you our countdown for the weekend, chock full of suggestions. Here is a recap:
- Where/when: Troy Museum & Historic Village, 1-3 p.m. Saturday.
- Cost: $8 for adults, $3 for children 6-12.
- Why go: Get festive with a holiday trip back in time to 1863. You can visit with Santa, enjoy some caroling and experience holiday traditions from a more simple time. There will also be children's activities, cookies and punch. Perfect for a family afternoon.
- Where/when: Lloyd A. Stage Nature Center, 9-11 a.m. Saturday.
- Registration: To register for this event, go to troynaturesociety.org.
- Cost: $14 per child, adults are free
- Why go: Children can walk the Reindeer Trail at the Nature Center, and afterward, they can warm up and chat with Santa. All children receive a little gift. There will also be a craft and snack. This activity is for children age 3-8, and they must be accompanied by an adult.
- Where/when: Home Depot, 9 a.m.-noon Saturday.
- Cost: Free
- Why go: Get the children into the holiday spirit with a craft at The Home Depot Kids Workshop. The project for the day is a snowman napkin holder that the children will assemble and paint. For their hard work, they will receive a Home Depot apron, a pin and a certfiicate of completion.
- Where/when: Central Woodward Christian Church, 7-8:30 p.m. Friday.
- Cost: Free
- Why go: World-renowned classical concert organist Carlo Curley will perform Christmas music for your listening pleasure. Curley is the first organist to play a solo at the White House, and he has played throughout the world. This concert will be special addition to your holiday plans.
And because we know you like options, here are a few more: