Your Guide to Tuesday's Primary Election in Troy
From your county commissioner to your U.S. senator, here are the names you'll see on the ballot this week.
Tuesday is Primary Day in Michigan. Here's a look at the candidates and issues that you will see on your ballot.
Incumbent U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow is running unopposed in the Democratic primary for one of two Senate seats.
Because of Congressional redistricting after the 2010 Census, Troy will no longer be part of the 9th District. Troy now falls into the state's 11th District.
- District 11: Republican candidate Kerry Bentivolio of Milford; Nancy Cassis and Rev. Drexel Morton are also running as a write-in candidates. Democratic candidates are Syed Taj of Canton and Bill Roberts of Redford.
- District 41: Troy resident Mary Kerwin is the only Democratic candidate for the post. Republicans Deborah DeBacker, Martin Howrylak and Matt Pryor are also candidates for the position, which represents Troy and Clawson.
- Oakland County Executive: L. Brooks Patterson will seek another term (See Patterson Files for Re-Election: What Can He Do for Troy?). He will be challenged by Republican E. Wadsworth Sherrod III in the primary. Kevin Howley of Huntington Woods is the Democratic candidate.
- Oakland County Sheriff: Mike Bouchard will seek another term. He will be challenged by Republican James Stevens of Rochester Hills in the primary. Jane Felice Boudreau is the Democratic candidate.
- Oakland County Prosecutor: Mike Bishop, the Republican former Senate Majority Leader from Rochester, will challenge Democratic incumbent Jessica Cooper.
- Oakland County Clerk: Democrat Lisa Brown of West Bloomfield will challenge Bill Bullard, the Republican incumbent.
- Oakland County Treasurer: Republican Marty Knollenberg will challenge Democrat Andy Meisner.
- Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner: Republican John McCulloch will seek another term. Democrats Mark Danowski and Jim Nash will face off in the primary.
- District 11: This district includes the northern portion of Troy. Incumbent Robert Gosselin, a Republican from Troy, will face Louise Schilling, a Democrat from Troy.
- District 16: This district includes the central portion of Troy. Mike Bosnic, a Republican from Clawson, will face Tim Burns, a Democrat from Clawson.
- District 20: This district includes a portion of southern Troy. Antoine Delaforterie, a Republican from Troy, will face Gary McGillivray, a Democrat from Madison Heights.
- County questions: Voters will be asked to support .2 mills for the Oakland County Art Institute Authority and to renew .59 mills for the Oakland County Transportation Millage.