Invite a friend
Relay for Life of Troy Kick-off Event
Join us in the fight to end cancer!
Relay for Life of Troy is hosting their annual kick-off event this Thursday, February 21, 2013 from 6:30pm to 8pm at the Troy Community Center located at 3179 Livernois Rd.
Everyone from the Troy community is invited to attend the event to learn more about Relay for Life and to sign up their team for 2013. The event will consist of three major parts, the first being an introduction to Relay for Life for those who are unfamiliar with the event. The second portion will consist of a cancer survivor speaking on their personal experience with cancer and why they are passionate towards Relay. Finally, attendees will have the opportunity to sign a team up for Relay for Life and meet the committee members who will be organizing the event.
Light food and refreshemnts will be provided.
More About Troy Community Center
Troy Community Center is a full-service recreational facility located at 3179 Livernois Road. The Center offers numerous features and activities, including wide-open areas, commercial-free music, cable TV, wireless Internet and sports activities. The facility has an indoor pool as well as a water therapy pool, lap lanes, a two-court gymnasium (accommodates basketball, volleyball, badminton and pickleball), and three fitness rooms with state-of-the-art commercial equipment that includes 56 pieces of cardiovascular equipment, 25 circuit training machines and free weights. There are three locker rooms – for men, women and families – with showers, restrooms, lockers and private changing rooms. Personal trainers and massage therapy is available. There are four aerobic/dance studios used for a variety of exercise and fitness classes. Other amenities within the Community Center include Kids Korner (child care service), Game Room, Teen Room, Banquet Facility/Meeting Rooms. Check the main site for a schedule of activities and programs or call the Recreation office for details on availability.
Other events here
- Oakmont Presents Today, May 22, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Friends of Troy Seniors Oakmont Presents Today, May 22, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Zumba Gold Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays,
- Relay For Life Final Meeting Thu, May 30, 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Relay for Life - Troy Sat, Jun 1, 10:00 am–10:00 am
- Oakland County Genealogical Society March 5, 2013 / April 2, 2013 / May 7, 2013 / June 4, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Know the 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer's Tue, Jun 4, 9:00 pm–10:30 pm
- Oakmont Presents Wed, Jun 26, 9:00 am–10:00 am