When Patch launched in Troy last summer, editors and freelancers ventured to local businesses to collect information for our directory. The result: Patch Places is a spot where users can find business descriptions, hours, accepted payment methods and more.
All users can add events taking place at local spots, rate the business on a scale of one to five stars and add a review. But owners of local businesses get extra bonuses when they "claim" a listing.
This is a great tool for businesses that don't have their own website. In fact, it's like their own webpage. The best yet: It's free!
- Owners or managers can search for their business listing and select "claim your listing" in order to make updates to the page.
- A form will pop up asking for your name, contact information and proof of ownership.
- In a few days, someone from Patch will contact you to verify your authenticity. You'll then be approved as the business owner. Once approved, you'll have a Manage Your Listing button on the top of your Places page. Click the button to be taken to your dashboard.
From the dashboard, you can make changes and updates to your listing. You can:
- Review your stats: See how many users have rated, reviewed or follow your listing. You can e-mail your customers to seek out more reviews, and link the Patch Place to your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Edit listing: Add photos, website information, hours of operation, contact information and more under the Basic Info tab. Some of this information cannot be changed (but you can request a new description if you think your business is inaccurately described).
- Add photos and read reviews.
You can pay to upgrade your listing with a video profile, add a message from the owner and become a featured business on the Places page. To learn more about these options, contact Advertising Manager Julie Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get your customers engaged: Encourage them to rate your business and share your Patch page!