It's Labor Day weekend: the unofficial end to summer. And while city offices are closed and the barbecues are fired up for one last hurrah, you still may need to get out and around Troy this weekend.
So here's what you need to know about what's open and closed.
- City Hall: City offices are closed on Labor Day.
- Post office: All post offices are closed, and there will not be any mail delivery or pickup on Labor Day.
- Refuse collection: Refuse collection will be delayed by one day for the week.
- Emergency: Call 911 for police or fire emergencies. For any non-emergency, call the at 248-524-3477 or the at 248-524-3419.
- Library: The is open Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. but is closed Sunday and Monday. It reopens at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
- Community Center: The is closed Monday.
- Aquatic Center: The is open all weekend long – including Labor Day – and it's the last weekend it is open for the year, so get your fill while you can! Hours are 11 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Saturday through Monday.
- Malls: is open from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday, and is open from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday.