Who Should Attend:
Practitioners seeking to increase their knowledge of this important tax computation. Members in business and industry seeking to keep their knowledge current and understand the rules impacting the investment planning for their clients.
Cover the many tax issues that must be resolved to determine the net investment income subject to the 3.8% additional income tax
- Definition of investment income subject to the Medicare surtax
- Application of the tax to individual taxpayers
- Application of the tax to estates and trusts
- Determining deductions usable against investment income
- Investment income from sales of an interest in a partnership or S corporation
- Integration of the §469 passive activity rules with the net investment income rules
- Determining who is subject to the tax
- Comprehensive coverage of the Medicare surtax regulations
- Planning opportunities and potential pitfalls discussed
If you are unable to attend this event in person, a Webinar option is available. Webinars are live, interactive programs and are considered live instructor-lead CPE taken in a location that is convenient for you. They can be accessed from your computer and allow you the flexibility to view the event and ask questions of the speakers. Registrations for the Webinar must be completed via the web by clicking here. If you have any questions on this program feel free to contact the MACPA at 248.267.3700 and ask for the CPE Department.