The following information was obtained from the Troy Police Department on Friday. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Breaking and Entering
- Troy Police found a smashed window at M&M Oil Change (2890 E. Maple Rd., Troy), where an alarm was activated early Friday morning. Nothing was stolen, said police, but the building was entered through the overhead door.
Credit, Check, Identity Theft, Other Fraud
- A man from Troy reported that he was contacted by Verizon Wireless who informed him that someone had used his identity to fraudulently open five cell phone accounts on Saturday.
- A man from Troy reported that he was contacted by Chase Bank who informed him that his credit card information had been used to make a fraudulent $6,000 purchase on Saturday. The purchase was made in Minnesota.
- A woman reported that she found someone had used her identity to open a credit line at on May 6, 2010 at Kay Jewelers (380 W. 14 Mile Rd., Troy). The account is in default with $719/93 owed.
- A man reported that he found someone had used his Visa debit card information to make a fraudulent $212.36 purchase on Monday at Rite Aid (3986 John R, Troy)
- A Dodge Intrepid was reported stolen sometime overnight on Wednesday morning from the 2000 block of Lovington.
- A man from Canton was arrested Thursday night following a routine traffic stop for Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Narcotic Paraphernalia, Driving While License Suspended and No Vehicle Insurance. A police sergeant said that the 27-year-old man, stopped at West Big Beaver Road and Coolidge Highway about 8:19 p.m., has not had a valid driver's license since 2004.
Larcenies From Autos
- A woman at the 5000 block of Breeze Hill reported a necklace stolen sometime overnight on Wednesday morning. She told police that a 14-carat gold necklace in a cardboard box as stolen from her unlocked vehicle.
- A personalized Michigan license plate was reported stolen from a PT Cruiser. The vehicle had been parked at the 1000 block of Minnesota between Sunday and Wednesday.
- Police received a report that all four tires and rims were stolen from a Cadillac DTS sometime overnight on Wednesday morning. The car, parked on the 4000 block of Three Oaks, was left propped up on bricks.
Malicious Destruction of Property
- Police received a report that a Ford Edge was dented on both passenger doors after being parked all day Wednesday on the 1000 block of Beaver Run.
- A man from Sterling Heights received a citation for Retail fraud III Wednesday after it was reported he shoplifted three items with a value of $108.93 from Home Depot (1177 Coolidge Hwy., Troy).
Call Troy Police at 248-524-3447 if you have any information about these incidents. For questions about this report, email local editor Tim Rath at email@example.com.